2018 International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies
June 24 to July 1, 2018
Center for Comparative Conflict Studies (CFCCS) at the Faculty of Media and Communications (FMK), Singidunum University, Belgrade
Call for Applications for the EFB Scholarship
With the support of the European Fund for the Balkans (EFB), we are now offering 10 scholarships for strong applicants to participate in the 2018 International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies.
Please note that candidates are selected and accepted on a rolling basis, hence applying early on increases your chances of being accepted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MARCH 30, 2018
Please read the requirements carefully, to see if you are eligible to apply!
Please note: We will only process applications from eligible applicants who fulfill all the requirements! Applications received after the deadline, as well as those not meeting all the requirements of this call, will not be taken into consideration.
Who is eligible to apply for the EFB scholarship?
- Applicants from the Western Balkans to include: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
- Applicants from Israel and Palestine.
We will receive applications from:
- Graduate students [PhD or MA students who are still taking course work or in their fieldwork stage but did not graduate yet];
- Advanced BA students who will begin their final year of studies during academic year 2018/19 or have graduated this academic year;
- Activists and/or NGO workers, who are engaged in independent work or working for any civil society organization [with at least 2 years of experience];
- Activists / NGO workers can be currently also students, or hold already an academic degree.
What does the EFB Scholarship include?
Recipients of the EFB scholarship may be offered a tuition waiver and/or accommodation for the duration of the Summer School.
The EFB scholarship will not cover the travel expenses to/from Belgrade as well as the visa application costs to enter Serbia, if required.
What will be expected from the candidates who receive the EFB scholarship?
- Full participation in the Summer School course of your choice and additional activities throughout the week;
- Recipients of EFB scholarship will be approached by the Fund and invited to join the EFB Community. An introduction meeting with the representative of the EFB will be organized during the summer school.
- EFB scholarship recipients will be offered an opportunity to participate in one of the EFB conferences/trainings/meetings, as members of the EFB Community Network.
- Submit the online EFB Scholarship application form;
- Upon reviewing your application, a Skype interview may be scheduled.